Definitions and Interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to My Marbella Weekender SL via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below ( Cookies);
‘Data Protection Laws’
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
‘My Marbella Weekender SL’ ‘ we or us’
‘My Marbella Weekender SL’ , a company incorporated in Spain with registered number B93534683 whose registered office is at PO BOX, Office 2, C. Comercial La Colonia Local 18, Avd. Virgen del Rocio s/n, San Pedro de Alcántara, Málaga 29670
‘UK and EU Cookie Law’
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
‘User or You’
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by My Marbella Weekender SL and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to My Marbella Weekender SL and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.mymarbellaweekender.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, My Marbella Weekender SL is the “data controller”. This means that My Marbella Weekender SL determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Identity information such as Full Name;
- Date of birth;
- Contact Information such as billing address, home address, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers and payment data involving any transactions made between you and us and any third party payment processing platforms;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- Information necessary to make your booking to be passed onto the third party booking agent.
- Passport number
- Special personal data relevant to your booking that is necessary to assess if you are able to take part in the booking such as medical conditions, allergies and intolerances, if you are pregnant etc. The necessary information will be requested from the lead member of your party dealing with your booking.
- Other technology necessary for you to access our website on your device of choice.
- Data that shows us how you use our website.
- Your marketing preferences and opt in to mailing lists and advertising campaigns.
How We Collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you ; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data That Is Given To Us By You
- My Marbella Weekender SL will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail, whatsapp, social media or through any other means;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services
- when you need us to pass on your booking information to a third party to complete your booking
- When you enter any of our competitions
- When the lead member of your booking passes on the necessary data.
Data That Is Collected Automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our Use Of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping (necessary to comply with legal and tax obligations, necessary to assess our customer journey and marketing strategies);
- improvement of our products / services (this is necessary in the interest of My Marbella Weekender SL in order to create and update our marketing strategies);
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you (necessary for the growth of My Marbella Weekender SL;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website (necessary in the interests of My Marbella Weekender SL to update our marketing strategy, to aid the growth of the company, and to develop new services);
- To process your booking and perform the obligations of the booking contract between you and us including email, phone and whatsapp contact and collecting and processing payments (necessary to fulfil our contractual obligation to you and in the interests of My Marbella Weekender SL in order to collect payments and debts due to the company).
- To contact you in order to make you aware of any changes to our policies or asking you to complete a review of our services or a marketing survey (necessary to be legally complaint, necessary for marketing purposes)
- To contact you in relation to any quote request you have sent or to provide you with further information (necessary in order to create your booking)
- In any instance of website maintenance including but not exhaustive of hosting, troubleshooting and any issues with our website, emails or any aspect of the business that needs to be updated, maintained, or fixed (necessary in order to operate and to be legally complaint).
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
Who We Share Data With
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents, and/or professional advisors such as lawyers, insurers, advisors and auditors ;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of your personal data in order to process your booking with them. For example event providers, accommodation and transport providers, activity providers.
- third party payment providers who process payments and refunds in order to take payments for your bookings;
- Service providers such as web developers and IT service providers.
e.processing your personal data without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of data.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Keeping Data Secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.”
We may also need to request information from you to confirm your identity to ensure that your personal data is not handed over to a person that has no right to it. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20.If you withdraw your consent to us holding your data, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact My Marbella Weekender SL via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/. Please contact us directly in first instance using the email address above as we would like the opportunity to deal with your complaint prior to you contacting the ICO.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links To Other Websites
Changes Of Business Ownership And Control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Travel Safety & Advice
For information on staying safe and healthy while travelling abroad as well as local laws and latest government advice on destinations visit the FCO Travel Aware website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling My Marbella Weekender SL to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie Purpose
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact My Marbella Weekender SL by email at email@example.com
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website
Your consent applies to the following domains: makemyweekender.com
Your current state: Consent accepted. Manage your consent.
What are cookies ?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyse what works and where it needs improvement.
As most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use ?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyse how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalise the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
How can I control the cookie preferences ?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.